Bhavan Vidyalaya Chandigarh supports IDF
The students from Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan's D.R.A. Bhavan Vidyalaya, Chandigarh presented a handsome donation to Indian Development Foundation for health, education and development projects on Thursday the 15th of Feb.
Mrs. Meenakshi Mohindra, Principal of Bhavan Vidyalaya appreciated the work of IDF as she handed over the donation cheque to Dr. Narayan B. Iyer, National Co-ordinator, IDF in the morning assembly . Dr. Narayan Iyer addressed the students and expressed heartfelt thanks to the Principal, Vice-Principal, Teachers, Members of the Interact Club and the students for the kind and continued support to leprosy rehabilitation and TB programme of IDF.
Mrs. Manvinder Bajwa, Vice Principal of the School expressed her special greetings to the patients and children in various projects of IDF.
Teachers’ Incharge of Interact Club - Ms. Sonia Marwaha, Ms. Achint Kaur and Ms. Pooja Chawla did the motivation and co-ordination for resource mobilization. All our students are socially motivated and without any compulsion they have voluntarily contributed for the cause, the teachers remarked.
The students from Interact Club of Bhavan Vidyalaya instantly wrote a couple of beautiful messages for IDF which are given below.
* As it is rightly said, “To keep a lamp burning we should keep pouring oil in it”. In the same way we are very thankful to you to IDF who has given us the right path to help the patients suffering from leprosy and T.B. And of course ‘not he who have much is rich, but he who gives much. `BEST OF LUCK’! - Shruti Mahajan (President, Interact Club)
* It had been an immense pleasure working with IDF to help the patients suffering from leprosy and TB. We will be with you in the future also. - Sahil Paitka (Vice President, Interact Club)
* It has been a great pleasure for us to contribute to this noble cause and we are really pleased to know about the society being set up by you to help people suffering from leprosy and T.B. It’s sad to know that approximately 1 person dies every minute in India because of TB. If this is going to happen for long, then we will not be able to make our country do well. So today on behalf of the whole Bhavanites, we promise you to help and support you in every field. Because it is aptly said that ‘A little progress everyday add up to a great result’ - Dikshita (Secretary, Interact Club) & Harsimran (Director of Club Services)
* You are doing the noble job for the patients. You are giving them a path to light who can’t get their treatment done. - Aarzoo Sharma (Joint Treasurer, Interact Club)
* You are doing an excellent job by helping others. We will be with you in future also. We promise you to help and support in every step. - Saiby Mahajan (Director of Vocational Services, Interact Club)
* It has been a great pleasure to work with you and collect a whopping amount for leprosy. IDF has always encouraged us to help the needy and we’ll try to help them. - Prachi Sharma, Member, Interact Club)
"Let noble thoughts come to us from everyside. "