IDF opens its 10th Empowerment Class at Nilakottai, Dindigul Dist, Tamil Nadu.
Damien Bal Gurukul is the latest Empowerment Programme of IDF in Nilakottai. IDF will work in collaboration with Damien Leprosy Control Centre, an NGO committed to the welfare of leprosy/ TB/ HIV-AIDS affected persons and also runs an Eye Care Centre.
IDF has been supporting DLCC for the welfare of poor leprosy patients for nearly two decades now.
Rev. Sr. Agnes Xavier, Director, DLCC has taken up the initiative to support IDF Gurukul programme in Nilakottai area which will benefit a number of poor children.
Damien Bal Gurukul will provide educational empowerment to the underprivileged children. Children who are regularly going to schools, but do not reach the required standards due to environmental imbalance are shortlisted and adopted in the Empowerment Classes. An hour or two, before or after the regular schooling, the children are given proper training/ coaching on various educational aspects.
IDF has been successful in establishing a couple of empowerment schools/ classes in different parts of India.
IDF Empowerment Classes at a Glance
1. Shyama Vidya Mandir, Karjat, Maharashtra
2. Tilak Bal Gurukul, Langadiyawas village, Jaipur
3. Tilak Bal Gurukul, Papad village, Jaipur
4. Tilak Bal Gurukul, Ratlam, Madhya Pradesh
5. Thiruvalluvar Bal Gurukul, Kottaram, Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu
6. Vivekananda Bal Gurukul, BR Hills, Karnataka
7. Marie Theresa - Asha Kiran, Andheri (W), Mumbai
8. Sneha Bal Gurukul, Tirupattur, Vellore, Tamil Nadu
9. Atma Nirbhar Gurukul, Guwahati, Assam
10. Damien Bal Gurukul, Nilakottai, Dindigul, TN
....... many more to follow.
IDF requests people to join hands in supporting the empowerment programmes.
Don't postpone goodness in life.
What is possible today may not be possible later.
For details contact, firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com