Donate Old Newspapers/ Books For IDF BAL GURUKULS in INDIA
Dear Friends – Supporters – Well-wishers:
Please accept our greetings and good wishes !
We write this with confidence that your goodself will extend your patronage to the Foundation’s national programme and support us generously.
INDIAN DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION (IDF) (formerly Indian Leprosy Foundation) is a leading national NGO committed to Health, Education and Development. We have an excellent track record of three decades of humanitarian service.
Besides leprosy rehabilitation activities, IDF is working inthe field of TB, HIV-AIDS, Cancer and Blindness. In addition to networking with over 100 leprosy/ TB projects in India, IDF has also established 117 Bal Gurukuls and empowerment classes across India providing free education the underprivileged children. IDF is a Partner of the StopTB Partnership of WHO and Partnership for TB Care and Control in India, creating massive awareness on TB control programmes. IDF has the Special Consultative Status with Economic and Social Council. IDF is a self-reliant NGO.
IDF Bal Gurukuls are after-school programmes for children who are first time school-goers/ children who cannot afford to go to tuition classes, where parents are not qualified to educate their wards. IDF runs Bal Gurukuls in urban slums/ rural areas/ villages/ special homes/ poor schools in India.
Mission W2K (Waste to Knowledge) is designed to mobilize old Newspapers/ Books and support children studying in IDF Bal Gurukuls spread across India. Your generous support will also help in establishing new Bal Gurukuls in poor localities/ villages in India.
Presently we have 117 Bal Gurukuls (6000+students) spread across India and we have plans to establish 500 Bal Gurukuls by 2015. Mission W2K will help in making IDF Bal Gurukuls a self-sustaining project and support health projects like leprosy/TB and also women empowerment programmes. Old Newspapers/ Books donated by your goodself will be sold and the amount will be utilized for educating children studying in IDF Bal Gurukuls.
OUR REQUEST FOR MISSION W2K
- Make your Family a proud Social Partner with a leading national NGO like IDF and participate in social responsibility initiatives.
- The first weekend of every month may be called as `Joy of Giving Month’.
- IDF Volunteers/ Social Ambassadors will visit your home and collect the old newspapers/ books. The old newspapers/ books will be sold and money utilized for IDF Bal Gurukuls. Good books will be utilized for establishing libraries in various schools in India.
- In case you are able to sell the old newspapers/ books at your end, kindly do it and remit the amount in Indian Development Foundation’s Bank Account held with Indian Overseas Bank, Goregaon West, Mumbai, Savings Bank 207001000083586, IFSC - IOBA0002070. Do send us a mail confirming the deposit of your contribution. Every small contribution is BIG to us.
- A donation receipt for your contribution on sale of old newspapers/ books OR on receipt of the donation will be issued to you on monthly basis. Donations to IDF are exempted under section 80-Gof IT Act.
- You will be issued an annual `Appreciation Certificate’ for your excellent social responsibility.
- Your contribution will help several thousands of children across India to get educated and empowered.
- Spread the goodness message among your friends/ contacts and support the social project. Become IDF Social Ambassador/ Volunteer in your area and help the noble cause.
For Mission W2K - Call IDF @ 022-28762008/ 28763008 (Mon-Sat 10am to 3pm)