Saturday, November 17, 2012
IDF touching lives ....... A face-lift to Sudhagad Education Society Sc...
IDF Brings Smiles !
Sudhagad Education Secondary School, Chindran village, Panvel, Maharashtra.
IDF runs Tilak Bal Gurukul at SES School from August 2009.
Earlier status in Chindran school.
• 320 children -- 60% girls.
• No potable water/ no sanitation facility/ no electricity.
• About 100 children walk 7+7 kms. from home-school-home everyday. It is too burdensome for these small children, but do they have an alternative?
Actions taken by IDF to help Tilak Bal Gurukul -- Status achieved -- June 2012
• Power supply was brought in from source 4 kms away through street poles
• Fans and lights in class rooms were provided
• Bore-well dug with good supply of water - Submersible pump fitted
• Pipe lines were laid and tanks fitted - Water Filter arrangement done.
• 6 Toilets- 4 for girls and 2 for boys were constructed and commissioned.
Action in September 2012
• Distribution of 50 bicycles to the needy and poor children.
Student Empowerment Programme
Social Exchange Programmes
Our special thanks to all the Samaritans who supported Project Miles of Smiles.
Grateful Thanks to Capt. Bala for making this project possible.
IDF is committed to bring smiles on many lives :-)
You support, we do the rest !!!