Friday, July 18, 2008

Students venerate Gurus with a difference

Indian Development Foundation in collaboration Patuck Gala College organised `Guru Poornima' at Vimala Dermatological Centre, Versova, Yari Road, Andheri (W), Mumbai 400 061 on Friday the 18th July 2008.

Guru Poornima is the day to expresses ones gratitude to ones Guru. We felt happy felicitating the Social Guru Rev. Sr. Bertilla and Management Guru Dr.A.R.K. Pillai for their splendid contributions for over three decades to the humanitarian causes, expressed the students of Patuck Gala College.

The students from Patuck Gala College, Vakola had put up colourful skits with theme on the importance GURU in modern days. The event was organised by the students of Patuck Gala College to reach-out the inmates in the Centre and share happiness and joy on the auspicious occasion.

Prof. K.G.K. Kurup, Administrator, Patuck Polytechnic Trust presided over the function while Prof. Meeta Seta, faculty from the College co-ordinated the event. More students should come forward and participate in such social resonsibility programmes, said Prof.Kurup.

Dr. Mrs. Pathak, Principal of Patuck Gala College led a group of 60 students from her college to Vimala Centre to celebrate Guru Poornima in a different manner. We all felt very happy to come to Vimala Centre and meet Sr.Bertilla and Dr.Pillai. We could feel the pulse of Veda Vyas on seeing these two luminaries, expressed Dr.Pathak.

Dr. Narayan B. Iyer, Co-ordinator of IDF congratulated the students for coming forward to participate in the event and making it a colourful one. Guru plays an important role in everyone's life and we need to venerate our guru for showing us the correct path in our life, said Dr.Iyer.

Prof. Sawant from Patuck College and Mr. Sanjay S. Waghmare from IDF co-ordinated the event.

The children and inmates of Vimala Dermatological Centre felt happy to witness such a meaningful programme which will be ever cherished in the days to come.

2 comments:

p.n.sridharan said...

respected Sri Pillai and Narayanan Iyer,

Though I could not vist, I am pleased to know the proceedings of IDF through your blg.

Regards,

Sridharan

Unknown said...

Dear Sir,



It gives me immense pleasure, joy and happiness to see the felicitation of our dear Social & Management Guru. I would like to put in record my appreciation to the Students, Teachers and Management of Patuak Gala College for the kind initiative.



I would like to seek blessings of my 'Ultimate Guru' Dr. ARK Pillai on this day. Pls. accept my pranams. I would also like to seek the best wishes from our 'Action Guru' Dr. Narayan Iyer whom I hold in high esteem at all times.



I cannot express in words the learning I have derived in the short time that I have spent with Dr. Pillai and Dr. Narayan. There is no wealth bigger than the wealth of knowledge. Though, today I am far away, I shall always be a phone call away for IDF. On this auspicious day, I take an Oath of dedicating my services to IDF for LIFE.



Regards,



Karthick.S

Dubai, UAE

+971 50 7765635